Datos personales

Mi foto
!No se gana por lo que haces, si no por lo que sabes!

miércoles, 23 de junio de 2010

Plagiarism

Francisco Javier Brizuela

Level IV

Lic. Camen Guzman

Plagiarism



Plagiarism refers to a form of cheating that has been defined as "the false assumption of authorship: the wrongful act of taking the product of another person´s mind, and presenting it as one´s own"(Alexander Lindey, Plagiarism and Originality [New York: Harper, 1952] 2) (Focus on the Writing and Reading prcess).

Talking about the activity that we did yesterday, I think it was good. personally I can say this activity was useful to me, because I realized that sometimes unwittingly we commit plagiarism, but How. For instance, when our teacher assings us something related whit a general topic, the first thing that we do is go on the internet and copy & paste whitout mentioning the place we got the information, What happend?. We unwittingly commited plagiarism. Now i have a question. Have I ever commited plagiarism? What do you think? Do you think I´ve commited plagiarism or I haven´t ? The answer: Yes, I´ve sometimes commited plagiarism, and let me tell you that I feel a little bit sad. However, now i know what is plagiarism and I´m happy for that.

From Today I will try do not commit plagiarism, because i know that if I do it, I will be deluding myself. I will try to cite anything that I take from other person´s mind.
Remember if you commit plagiarism you surely will have consequences, like pity and scorn. Be careful a the of writing, it´s better to be corrected than to be be embarrassed.

Sincerely: FJBrizuela

2 comentarios:

  1. Just remember to put the pronoun "I" In capital Letter, beside that everything is fine

    ResponderEliminar